Cardiovascular disorders (CVD) are the disorders related to the abnormal blood circulation in the body via the heart. There are multiple issues that can contribute to CVDs, the most common of all is the blockage in the arteries or the vein. From diagnosis to the treatment, the crucial step is to identify the site of blockage. The most common technique that has been used for this purpose is Angiography or Angiogram. It is a modified version of X-ray test to spot the clogged arteries and get a comprehensive picture of the overall circulation in the heart and rest of the body.
There are different types of angiograms depend on the site of identification
- Coronary Angiogram:It is done to know the circulation in the heart.
- Pulmonary Angiogram: It performed for getting information about lung circulation
- Cerebral Angiogram: For brain blood circulation.
- Carotid Angiogram: Specifically for carotid arteries or veins and their branches(connect the brain and neck blood supply.)
- Peripheral Angiogram: for the blood supply of legs and arms.
- Aortogram: Used for the circulation in the Aorta specifically.
Before performing an Angiography, an MRI or a CT scan is suggested to identify and get a clear idea about the type. In an angiogram, a catheter with a contrasting dye is injected into a major blood vessel, and the circulation of the dye is captured with the help of an x-ray. An angiogram can detect three types of issues:
- Blood vessel blockage.
- Constriction or narrowing of blood vessels.
- Aneurysms in the blood vessels (thinning and bulging of a blood vessel)
Angiography is a relatively safe procedure, but few things should be kept in mind before going for this:
DR. Rajeev Rathi
- Eating or drinking should be avoided 8 hours before the procedure.
- Hospital stay is adviced after the procedure, a mild dizziness or light-headedness is observed.
- Any previous medical history of diabetes, hyper-allergic response, blood pressure issue or pregnancy should be told to the doctor before getting this test done.
- Blood-thinners, vasospastic medicines such as viagra should be avoided before the test
- Any allergic reaction during the test should be immediately told to the doctor.
having a good experience of performing balloon valvotomies, and he one of the Best Cardiologist in Saket. Make an appointment
balloon valvotomy treatment in Delhi.